Time & Location
Apr 29, 7:00 PM
High Point Academy, 6655 Pottery Rd, Spartanburg, SC 29303, USA
About The Event
Prom Rules 2022
Section I: Student Tickets
1. To purchase tickets, you must be classified as an 11thor 12th grade student. You may buy no more than two tickets: one for you, and one for your non-BHS Junior or non-BHS Senior class guest.
2. You must have a current student ID that is not broken or altered in order to purchase your ticket. If your ID has been lost or destroyed, you must purchase a new one on the 500 hall for $5.00 before school or during PowerHour on 500 hall.
3. Be responsible and plan ahead. It is our responsibility to have a final count of students to the venue.
Section II: Guest Tickets
1. A “guest” is not considered to be a currently attending BHS Junior or BHS Senior. These guests MUST also complete a Guest Approval form to verify good standing with their school or BHS. You may not purchase a ticket for your Guest without a completed faxed copy of the Guest approval form approved by Mrs. Feiling by April 19 at 3pm. Early graduate and sophomore guest approval forms may be delivered to the guest’s administrator for approval.
2. When buying a ticket for a guest, you must present a copy of the state issued ID of your non-BHS Junior or non-BHS Senior guest. The copies will be kept for school records, and must be clear, unmarked, and easy to read. Do NOT fax these images. You may email to Rhonda.Demumbreum@spart5.net with the name of the BHS Junior or Senior in the subject line of the email.
3. Guests must be at least a high school freshman. Students who attend must have a birthdate on or after May 2, 2001.
4. Students who have been recommended for expulsion, expelled or are attending the alternative school cannot attend the prom. Early graduates may attend as guests only, but may not purchase tickets. This information is on the Early Completer Commitment form which states: “I cannot participate in Award’s Day, Senior Picnic, etc. and can attend Junior-Senior Prom only as a guest/date of a junior or senior who is a Byrnes student during 2nd block/semester).”
5. In addition to your purchased ticket you must provide a copy of faxed guest approval form for off-campus guest signed by Mrs. Feiling; and copy of the school ID and a state issued ID of your non-Junior or non-Senior guest. The Guest Approval Form must be received, via fax, to Mrs. Feiling by 3pm on April 19.
6. Changes may happen. If your guest changes, you must have a new copy of a faxed guest approval form for off campus guests to Mrs. Feiling by 3:30PM on April 19 with your school ID and a copy of the school ID and a state issued ID of your NEW guest. These guests, if they are not a BHS Junior or BHS Senior, MUST also complete a Guest Approval form faxed no later than this day. Students who do not complete this form may not attend the prom.
Section III: Prom Night (Admission)
1. Parking in downtown Spartanburg in the surrounding area is available nearby. These parking areas are public parking and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. See map below for recommendations of nearby public parking areas.
2. You may not swap or sell tickets. Only the student and the registered guest of those tickets will be admitted to the prom with those tickets when a valid photo ID is shown by the purchaser(s). No changes will be allowed after April 29 for ON CAMPUS GUESTS ONLY.
3. To be admitted to the prom, you and your non-Junior or non-Senior guest must arrive together with your tickets, a photo ID and your guest’s photo ID. Failure to produce these items at the door will result in delayed entry and possibly impact admission to the prom.
4. MRS. DEMUMBREUM WILL NOT ISSUE ANY REFUNDS ON TICKETS FOR ANY REASON.
Section IV: Prom Night (Attire and Conduct)
1. The prom is a FORMAL DRESS occasion. All students must be in FORMAL ATTIRE. Failure to dress properly will result in not being admitted to the prom. Foam sole beach shoes, masks, street clothes and canes are NOT allowed. Students should not wear revealing clothing. Administration reserves the right to keep students from entering the prom.
2. Students will be given a wrist band when admitted to the prom. This must be worn at all times while on property.
3. Dancing must remain appropriate for a school environment. Suggestive or dangerous dancing will be stopped and those participating will be removed, if necessary, by administration.
4. Students are responsible for the behavior of any invited guest --- you must arrive together.
5. Once admitted to the prom, you will not be allowed to leave and re-enter. THIS INCLUDES GOING TO YOUR CAR.
6. Students may not enter off-limits areas of the building for any reason. You may visit the patio on the same side of the building where you entered.
7. Absolutely no tobacco, alcohol, or drugs of any nature are permitted at the prom.
8. The parents and student assume responsibility for any accident or property damage while attending the prom, as well as, traveling to and from the prom.
9. If a student is asked to leave by a chaperone or other event staff member and refuses, the proper legal procedures will be followed.
10. All rules and regulations of Byrnes High School and District Five Schools of Spartanburg will be followed.
11. The administration of James F. Byrnes High School reserve the right to make any other decisions needed to ensure a safe night for our students.
12. The administration of James F. Byrnes High School reserves the right to contact the school of any guest for attendance and behavior documentation.
Byrnes Student Ticket
Price includes $3 processing fee